Monday, December 20, 2010

Mirror Image

Throughout our lives we have all confronted a person about something they’ve said that disturbed our sensibility only to discover that person will never accept responsibility for any wrongdoing. This leaves many of us wondering why some find it so difficult to acknowledge their actions have caused someone else pain. There’s a reason for this, they haven’t yet looked in the mirror. Most people are unaware the garbage that comes out of their mouth is the garbage within them. When we open our mouth to say something negative about someone, we’re really saying it about ourselves. Every catty remark, every criticism every observation we make about someone else are mirrored behavioral conflicts we don’t like about ourselves.  How many times have you silently listened to a friend complain about something only to say to yourself what a hypocrite, you do the same thing or how many times have you been accused of something by someone only to later discover they were doing it themselves? When someone says you can’t be trusted what they’re really saying is they can’t be trusted. We often find ourselves angry at someone’s comments or actions because subconsciously we recognize our own behavior in them. On the other hand, they say bad comments or behave badly because subconsciously that’s what they dislike about themselves. Much to our detriment this immorality is bounced around from person to person to person and while it seems never ending; elimination is possible. When we witness an act of kindness performed, the emotions within us swell and we are moved by love.
When someone says good things about someone else we are not angry at them because they spoke with love. When someone does something good for someone else we are not angry because they acted out of love. It makes us happy to see the love in someone else because we are seeing the love - in us.


Brenda arrived at the trendy Bistro where she was meeting her girls for lunch. Where are they? Anita raised her hand in the air. Brenda rushed over to the table and sat down.  Whew, hey, sorry I’m late.” No problem girl, sorry we started without you” said Anita.  “How’s it going?” I can’t stay. I’m so pissed with Janine, I just came to tell yall what happened then I gotta run. Everyone knew she was leaving because she didn’t have money for lunch. “What’s happened now?” Carmen asked. I was called to Janine’s school. I’m thinking about suing them.  Apparently there’s a new curriculum on the agenda. Dick sucking! “What?” Carmen and Anita asked.  Yes, they called me in to tell me Janine has been putting up posters advertising she’ll suck dick for $20.00. Brenda looks over at Anita’s plate and picked up a fork. Ooh that looks good. She helped herself to a forkful of Anita’s food. Anita stopped eating and concentrated on Brenda. “What the hell are you talking about?” Anita wanted to know. Girl I was so embarrassed. She’s been doing guys at school.  I was mortified. How did I end up with the neighborhood ho? Anita and Carmen looked at each other. I don’t know what to do. “Well what did she have to say about it?” Carmen asked. She couldn’t say anything I went the fuck off.  I took all the money she made and told her she couldn’t go to any parties for the rest of the year. I also brought plastic knives, forks and spoons. “For what?” Anita asked. So she can eat from them! I don’t know where her nasty mouth has been.!  Brenda grabs another forkful from Anita’s plate.  Look, I’ve got to run. They all rise, air kiss and Brenda runs off.  Carmen and Anita look at each other.  “Did she really just say that?” Carmen said. “Uh huh” Anita responded, then they burst into laughter.  Anita moved her plate towards the middle of the table.  “Where Janine’s mouth has been? Didn’t she just do some guy she met on the bus?” Carmen picked up the fork Brenda used “Some people should look in the mirror.” she then waved the fork in front of Anita’s face.  Anita pushed it away, “Girl move that bio hazard weapon away from me!” They laughed and prepared to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment